At the Eaton First Church of God, we believe lives and communities can be transformed through the love of Jesus. We exist to help people experience that transformation and share that transformation.
We're here to walk alongside you no matter where you're at in your journey. Grow in your faith through Sunday morning gatherings, small groups and glasses, and personal worship, study, and prayer.
We seek to bring transformation to the world around us through local service opportunities, partnering with area help organizations, and participating in missions trips around the world.
Bring the Gospel to those around us.
Jesus lived with a deliberate plan and purpose, he ordered his life around this single focus: “To seek and save the lost.” We commit ourselves to reaching out and witnessing to those who are far from God, starting with 1% of the 29,000 people who marked no church home or religious affiliation on the latest census.
In a recent community needs survey, family instability rose to the top as a major concern in Preble County. Through our own internal ministries like children and student ministries as well as through outreach programs and partnerships with local help organizations, we are seeking to be a stabilizing force for families in our community as we continue to help and serve those around us.
Make disciples who make disciples.
We believe it is God's desire to see His followers lead others to follow Jesus as well. We as a church are striving to equip individuals to grow in their faith while also coming alongside others.
We believe that we enter into the life of the church, not by joining a denomination or a human organization, but by committing our lives to Jesus Christ. We believe that God calls all Christians to live in unity and peace. While Christians may not agree on all things, we can embrace the spirit of Christ in caring concern for one another. Jesus is our common foundation, and love is our only creed! As God's people, we seek to represent Christ in this world.
We are a non-denominational church affiliated with a movement of churches called the Church of God (headquartered in Anderson, IN).
- The Lordship of Jesus Christ. There is one Lord, God's Son, Jesus Christ, over the church, so Christ is the church's ultimate authority in all things.
- The Great Commission. Each of us is called to fulfill Matthew 28:18-20, making fully devoted followers of Christ (disciples) who will then teach others to follow him.
- The Great Commandment. We are called to fulfill Matthew 22:37-39, not only loving God with our entire being, but also loving all that he loves.
- The Holy Spirit's Work. God's Spirit equips believers with unique gifts that enable us to carry out the mission of Christ in the world. At the same time, the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control in every believer (Galatians 5:22-23), which demonstrate the Spirit's presence within us.
- Stewardship. All of life is to be used for the honor, glory, and service of God.
Despite our differences, we share a journey of faith, growing together into the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:13). We worship, serve, and grow together as citizens of God's kingdom. We celebrate our life in Christ and embrace our call to be the body of Christ to our world all to the glory of God.